Julie A. Maley, L.M.T.
Julie Maley is a Licensed Massage Therapist with an extensive background in holistic approaches.
Her training started with a 4-year internship with Vivian Rice, Nutritionist of Colorado Springs, Co. She learned herbal preparation and applications, holistic nutrition, muscle response testing, and healing utilizing the mind-body connection.
She completed a second, 2-year internship with Kahla Wheeler, learning Wise Woman ways in herbal medicine and nutritional healing that honors cycles of nature. Julie operated a business as a Nutritional Counselor in Shawnee, Ks for 7 years. She taught classes in vegan and vegetarian cooking, shopping through a health food store, meditation, energy balance of the self, and how to create an herbal medicine chest. She is the author of Healthy Creations, a whole foods cookbook.
Currently, Julie works as a Licensed Massage Therapist in downtown Fernandina Beach, FL. Therapies include: Neuromuscular therapy; barefoot bar therapy; and spot treatments in TMJ, migraines, and plantar fasciitis. A blend of therapies is used to eliminate pain and increase range of motion. She has a reputation as a therapeutic body worker that incorporates holistic methods.
Additional education includes:
- Southeastern School of Neuromuscular and Massage Therapy
- Kansas State University, B.A., B.S.
- American Academy of Nutrition
- Corestar – Barbara Brennan Workshops
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP)
- Certified Injury Prevention Instructor